FYI COVID-19 (Corona Virus) - This explanatory information from the Assoc Prof of Infectious Diseases at John Hopkins University:
- The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation), and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
- Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
- The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
- HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
- Any mix with 1 part BLEACH and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
- The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; we cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics, but the virus quickly disintegrate its structure with everything mentioned above.
- NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While the virus is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous material), 4 hours (copper), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). If you shake or use a feather duster on above materials, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
- The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold or air conditioners in houses and cars. Viruses also need moisture to stay stable, especially n darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade them faster.
- UV LIGHT on any object breaks down the virus protein.
- The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
- Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat on the virus.
- NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, help. The strongest vodka has 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
- LISTERINE helps if it has 65% alcohol.
- The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
- Wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
- Use MOISTURISER to humidify hands which tend to be dry from so much washing. Virus molecules can hide in the micro cracks of dry hands. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
TAKE CARE & STAY SAFE💕