from Mandurah Community Gardens
UPDATE 31/10/2022 - Record Broken in the Guinness Book Of Records!
Hepatitis Australia has done it! Australia's biggest Quiz created a new Guinness World Record AND spread the word that there is a cure for Hepatitis C. Keep it up and the goal to have Australia become Hepatitis C free is very achievable.
The team from Mandurah Community Gardens had fun, participating in warm up games then having a go at the trivia questions. As a group Mandurah came eleventh across the country.
Thanks everyone for your support and to Paul from Wisefocus for handling all of our social network posts. Keep the conversation going to let people know there is a cure for Hepatitis C. If you would like more information check our Hepatitis Australia website. It has been great to be involved as a community partner.
The original post below:
Mandurah Community Gardens is proud to be partnering with Hepatitis Australia to bring Australia’s Biggest Quiz to Mandurah on Wednesday October 26 2022.
Hepatitis Australia is on a mission to end hepatitis C in Australia, and we’re here to help them do it.
Australia could be the first country in the world to eliminate hepatitis C. We have a CURE. Now, Australians need to know about it.
The historic public health goal is being brought to the fore in a nation-wide, world-record breaking trivia event, Australia’s Biggest Quiz. We’re honoured to be an official Community Partner of Australia’s Biggest Quiz, helping to promote the event, and cause, to our local community.
Australia's Biggest Quiz
Where: Lane Group Stadium (the home of Peel Thunder) 11 Dower Street, Mandurah
When: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Cost: free of charge, all are welcome
Gather up your mates for a fun night out (or in!) and register to play with us at www.australiasbiggestquiz.org.
WHAT IS HEPATITIS C?
● Hepatitis C (sometimes called hep C or HCV) is a blood borne virus that
affects your liver
● Without treatment, hepatitis C can cause liver disease and liver cancer, the
fastest growing cause of cancer deaths in Australia
● More than 115,000 people were living with hepatitis C in Australia at the
end of 2020
● Currently, thousands of people don’t know they have hepatitis C
● 50% of people living with hepatitis C have been cured in the last 5 years
THERE IS A CURE:
● It’s not every day that the world has the chance to eliminate a disease and
we are on the precipice of another - Australia has the opportunity to be the
first country in the world to achieve hepatitis C elimination
● There is a CURE. It is cheap, non-invasive and takes just 12 weeks to
● A GP can usually provide a script for a simple and effective cure
● Some people may need to see a specialist doctor if their liver is badly
damaged or they have other health issues
● Anyone with a Medicare card can receive the cure for $41 for each script
(2-3 scripts for a full course), or less than $7 per script if you have a
● Most people take 1-3 tablets a day for 8-12 weeks, with mild side effects, if
any at all
● If you have been treated before, you can be treated again
NATIONAL HEPATITIS INFOLINE
● Worried about yourself or a friend, or wanting more information? Call the
National Hepatitis Infoline on 1800 437 222 or visit the website: